Monday, October 18, 2010

friendship


aging only spurs more questions and more reflections
this morning i asked myself, what does friendship mean?

for a long time, i was not a good friend.
i did not stay in touch. i did not make plans.
i spent more time with myself than sharing with others.
i used to believe that it was not worth wasting hours on other people.
and thought that others would not want to waste hours on me.

i grew up, only recently, if you ask
i opened my eyes and most of all, my heart
it made all difference as i want to share now
and i want to share and enjoy hours with my friends
as they would do the same for me

someone wise once said that to have friends is to be one.

aging also brings wisdom and honesty
this morning, i reminded myself to be a good friend.


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to get a chance to get to know you more. The opportunity was lost when we left MSD. The door is there from me to you, hope you'll open and come in.

    ReplyDelete