Friday, September 17, 2010

changes, betterment

Declaration of My Amends

i can't always live in the moment. i can't always believe my actions happen because of how i feel at that moment. i can't always be sure of my feelings for they do change daily; a part of human nature, i now see that. i've made many mistakes through out my life because i strongly believed that i should live in the moment. as i become older, i see that my destiny is not made of living in the moment but of my values, beliefs, and dreams. So here i am, making amends with myself so at the end of my destiny, I will feel good as a woman, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a lover, and a mother.

As long as I live, I vow to think twice about and reevaluate everything daily. You know the saying that you've heard once or several times in your life, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Will the mistakes in your life be any good if you don't think about them?

Minutes are as important as days, I vow to sacrifice my minutes to my loved ones. For they have given me my life. All unreplied emails will be replied, due visits will be made, and plans will go through. Life is too short for love to be under appreciated.

Existence of my being is a privilege, I vow to respect my mentality, spirituality, and physicality. I will seek for the places of happiness. I will only receive and let go of peaceful energy. I will assure that my body is valued. You live only once, do it well.

No goodness, no greatness, I vow to do good things. I will always make sure that I do something good daily. All great things are created by good things that I do. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I am a greatest believer of luck. I find that the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Dare to be brave, I vow to spend most of my life walking. Dreams and Happiness happen because I walk. I must not be afraid. I must not set back. I must not run away. I must not hide. I must walk and get things done. Does the flower grow if you sit on the pot?

So, we know life is full of mistakes, I vow to always try. If on any day I fail any of these amends above, I will not give up. For the sake of changes and betterment, I will always try. As once told by someone, "The only constant thing is change."


Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose - and commit myself to - what is best for me.
Paulo Coelho

5 comments:

  1. Priscilla,

    I am posting this because I just read your recent post on your blog about "Declaration of Amends", (which I really loved reading and your writing is so beautiful! I hope you'll keep writing) and I wanted to say that I hope you know that while making amends and get back in "groove" with your loved ones... it's also okay to live your life like there's no tomorrow. Moving out to New Mexico and working at NMSD and doing lots of travelling and camping is just not only amazing but inspiring to many people who doesn't have the opportunity to do so. So, believe me when all of us who care and have respect for you... we all understand why you are believing in your dreams and let your dreams and wishes guide you.

    I know I'm not a part of your "Loved ones" group you are trying to keep in touch, but feel free to drop a line sometimes. I would love to keep in touch.

    Jennifer Harbaugh aka ( Jennifer Timmons)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to get in touch means I'm getting there---im doing one by one so that amends will be realistic and possible to achieve fully in the end.

    be expecting my message soon.

    glad you liked my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to getting your message. If you need my email address or VP number or text number or anything like a laugh or a shoulder to cry on, let me know. Don't hesitate to ask, as I would love to hear from you.

    In the meantime, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's your email address?

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete